Monday, October 27, 2008

first "run" of the new season

Scheduled: 5 miles
Actual: 4.17 miles
Time: 1:02:34 minutes
Pace: 15:01 minutes/mile

CES Winter Warriors started this week and since I still can't run, I decided to cover the distance walking. My throat started feeling sore Saturday but I didn't really think much of it. Sunday it was still feeling sore but overall the rest of me felt fine, so I bundeled up and tried to get my run in before it started to snow. I walked down Addison to the lakfront, around a park and up to Irving Park. Each minute that went by the more sick I started to feel. It started in my chest and by the time I hit Ashland I felt like absolute shit. Around this same time it started to rain. Luckily I only had a few blocks left but as I hit Grace, it started to hail. Yes you heard me correctly... HAIL. WHAT THE FUCK??? So I sprinted to my place and finished short of 5 miles.

After my "run" I could not get warm. I stood next to the open oven to try and get some relief but nothing helped. After dinner I took a Tylonol PM and passed out before 7. Normally I would be out cold for the rest of the night but I have been waking up every 45 minutes or so either sweating or shivering excessively. My throat is killing me and we have no tea or a teapot so I boiled some water in a pot and am drinking that. Being sick SUCKS BALLS. Especially when I had a STUPID FUCKING FLU SHOT!!! What the hell?? Seriously?

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena