Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ouch

Scheduled: 9 miles
Actual: 9 miles
Time: 1:54:33
Pace: 12:45 minutes/mile

This run was a painful one. The arch on my right foot felt as though someone was stabbing a knife into it. It started only during the walk breaks so at mile 3 and a halfish miles I turned around and decided that I was going to try and run the rest of the way in and see how I felt since running wasn’t bothering my foot as much. Well after about half a mile my foot started to hurt during running too. So I started to walk a little. One of the wonderful CES coaches saw me walking and came over and walked about three quarters of a mile while we discussed my pain and frustrations. I left him and ran it back to the start. I still had 2 miles to get the total mileage so I just ran around the park twice and then around the block and then limped back to my coat.

Hopefully I just need to get some new shoes and this was just a fluckish pain in my foot. I’m running 50 minutes in the morning so we’ll see. If not then I will be heading over to the running store for some new kicks.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena