Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Long Run on a Tuesday...

Scheduled: 10 miles
Actual: 9.85 miles + .15 mile cool down
Time: 2:17:20 minutes
Pace: 13:45 minutes/mile

Laura (my co-worker who is running the Trail ½ with me) and I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and do a long run last night after work. Our time was painfully slow, but if you take into account we ran 10 miles after a full day of work AND the 30 mph winds we ran into for the last 3 miles… I am not that upset. Laura is a good sport and ran at my pace even though she is normally WAYYYYY faster. We chatted the whole time and it felt much shorter. Only 11 days until the Trail Half and I am freaking out… every time I think about it I get a slight nauseous feeling and I am thinking this is not a good thing.

Yesterday I also received a text message from Josh, a kid I met and befriended through Shady Jay. He wanted to let me know that this weekend is Shady Jay’s birthday and that he was taking him out and I should meet up with them. I haven’t decided if I will or not. I am definitely not going to go out of my way to meet up but I figure if they are going out near by I might make an appearance. I am just super frustrated with Shady Jay. Last night I get a text message from him asking how I am and what’s up. I respond and then I get this one:

Shady Jay: I’m at the RRI (very close to my house)
Me: ok… are stopping by?
Shady Jay: No, I didn’t drive.

Ok why in the hell do I care where you are then? Besides the fact that the RRI just adds to his shadiness. Why I am attracted to guys that are so LAME?

1 comment:

L Sass said...

Wow! 10 miles on a workday? I am impressed!

You're going to do great in your half!

 
Designed by Lena