Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Again! Again!

Last weekend I did what almost every woman did. I saw Sex and the City. Seeing it made me sad… There will officially never be another episode of Sex and the City.

Tear.

But it got me thinking about television shows that I could watch over and over again and never tire of. So here is my list of top four shows that I wish I owned on DVD so I could watch them until the disk scratched. Shows that I can’t pick a favorite episode of… because every episode is my favorite.

1. Sex and the City. I became hooked on this show my sophomore year of college. It seemed as though every single girl in my sorority house owned the complete series on DVD and I went from never seeing an episode to watching entire seasons in a single day. Unfortunately now it is on cable channels like TBS and WGN and all of the good parts are modified or cut-out. It’s quite sad actually. I will always wish I can have Carrie’s closet and shoe collection. And even though most people hate him, I wouldn’t mind a Mr. Big.

2. The Girls Next Door. I have watched this show from the beginning. My mom used to make fun of me every time it was on, until the day she sat down and watched an episode and now she is just as hooked as I am. Every episode makes me laugh out loud and sometimes we rewind scenes and watch them at least 10 times in a row.

3. Friends. Once again I never saw this show in real time. I actually was anti-Friends until I went to college and Mondays thru Fridays depending on what television station you watched you could see up to 4 straight hours of re-runs in a row. Needless to say I was hooked. There are countless times that episodes can be referenced in real life. For example I plan to make sure I “pivot” when I move my furniture next month, and never count by “Mississippi’s” when I am in a spray tan booth. Sigh. I will never tire of quoting this show.

4. Gilmore Girls. I love this show. I want to live in Stars Hollow and date Jess and laugh at Paris. I want to meet Luke and eat Sookie’s food and be Rory. I was so unbelievably sad when this show ended. I’m not sure what else I can say except I wish it was still on.

So in my head this post was much more exciting than it turned out, but I would love to hear your favorite shows…

2 comments:

L Sass said...

I LOVE Girls Next Door. I cannot get enough!!

Lou said...

I do have a favorite SATC episode -- the one where Harry proposes to Charlotte. It makes me cry. I just love it.

Girls Next Door is good stuff. I cannot do Friends reruns. I just can't.

 
Designed by Lena