Sunday, July 27, 2008

100!!!

I would like to start this post out with wishing my blog a Happy 100th Post.

Scheduled: 12 miles
Actual: 11.51 miles
Time: 2:32:34
Pace: 13:16 minutes/mile

I left the house at 6:30 in the morning and it was ALREADY 75 degrees. This run was HOT. I ran 1.5 miles to the lakefront path and then ran south. I hit two of the fleet feet hydration stations and rounded the curve to the stretch of death. Around this time I started noticing a lot of CES pace groups heading back north on the path. Right before I hit 6 miles I ran past one of the men I ran with during the marathon and decided to turn around then so I would have some people to run back with.

Let me tell you how much better it is to run in the heat with people to talk to. I totally miss training with a group and have already decided to join CES again next summer.

Back to the run... Once I caught up the the group we ran 5 minutes and walked for 1 minute for the next 4.5 miles. When I hit Irving Park road I thanked the group for letting me run with them and then headed back home. I ran out of water and the last mile and a half I ran 2 minutes and walked 1 minute. My run finished slightly short when I got to CVS. Before I had even gotten to the cash register I had already drank more then half of the Gatorade.

All in all the run went good. I didn't stop my watch during 3 of the 4 hydration stations so it my pace was probably under 13 minutes/mile.

Saturday night S, Ash, Adj and I went out on S' uncles boat and watched the fireworks at Venetian Night. Afterwards we went to a Bar in Wriggleyville. Normally I am not a very big fan of this bar but Adj and I started a game where we had to dance up EVERY guy that walked past us. This kept us super busy the rest of the night. I have not had so much fun in sooooo long. In the beginning we got a lot of weird looks when we boxed them in and started dancing around them, but by the end of the night as guys got more desperate and drunk we definitely had to stop dancing.

Lastly S brought the first guy home in our new apartment. Way to go S!

So this was kind of a lame 100th post. I was going to do one of those 100 things about Jaime posts in honor of it but I kept putting it off. I promise I will write a cool post soon.

1 comment:

Lou said...

Nice run. My training is so off. I had 1 hour on the treadmill on Saturday morning before I went to a wedding. Boo!

 
Designed by Lena