Sunday, December 30, 2007

$2 You Call Its

Scheduled: 5 miles
Actual: 5.25 miles
Time: 60 minutes
Pace: slightly faster than 11:30 minute miles

Nothing too special about this run. It was at the gym, on the treadmill, to the tunes of Blessid Union of Souls. I decided to just run for 60 minutes. I still got some (get ready for TMI) gastro problems though. Hopefully this is just a phase and it will stop VERY soon. Otherwise its really going to suck come January 27th when I am running in Miami. Speaking of Miami, there is officially less than a month until the half marathon. I am feeling fine about the distance, but from the looks of it, it is going to be HOT. Not the hottest I have ever run in, but way hotter than what I have been training in. But it is going to be fine. If I have to walk, I have to walk… its not like it hasn’t happened before.

Also, since that was my last run for the year my official mileage for 2007 was (drum roll please) 627.25 miles. Not bad considering I ran a total of 5 miles in January and February combined, but also sort of lame considering I trained for a half marathon and a full marathon last year.

Saturday night Fish, Alex and I decided to get our drink on. My brother, who is still underage and makes a great DD, dropped us off at Dick’s and we ended the night at Rocky Vander’s. Neither bar brings in the most amazing caliber of people (myself and friends excluded of course) but both are cheap and almost always a really fun time. Alex, who recently became a lesbian, was telling me her mom is going to pay her $1000, IN CASH, to lose 25 pounds over the course of the next 5 months. She thinks that if Alex is skinnier then she will be happier, and if she is happier then she won’t need to be a lesbian anymore. Interesting thinking. After the bars Fish and I spent the rest of the early morning quoting Grandma’s Boy, dressing up as Harry Potter and drunkenly talking shit about our Ex’s. When I woke up this morning I was still drunk, so all in all I think the night was a huge success.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena