Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Double

Scheduled: 40 minutes
Actual: 4.15 miles
Time: 48 minutes
Pace: 11:33 minutes/mile

I am back to training with my beloved running club CES for my spring half marathon. During the week CES does runs based on minutes and then on the long weekend run it is based on miles. Since my goal for this year is 1000 miles (and I haven't even ran 100 yet) and I run at a semi slow pace, I have decided to take the weekday minutes and act as though I average 10 minutes/mile.

Example: Monday I was scheduled to run 40 minutes so I converted that to having to run 4 miles. Understand?

Since I am still "training" for the Hustle I went to a different gym of mine and did the stupid hellish stair master machine for 35 minutes with S after work. Let me tell you working out before AND after work SUCKS.

2 comments:

L Sass said...

Wow. I need some of your motivation, girl! I have run, like 50 miles in all of 2008. I need to get a move on.

The Stormin Mormon said...

Last year I made it to almost 500 before the ACL tear... Nowhere near a grand, but it was great. It got to the point where 3-4 miles wasn't enough to even consider it a workout.

This year I've forced 30... But the knee feels like hell for a week after a run (and on an elliptical, none the less)

 
Designed by Lena