Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years Rockin Eve

New Years Eve Recap 2007…
(slightly abridged since I found out my grandpa reads my blog now... Hi Grandpa!)

Now unlike some people I know, I actually had to go to work on New Years Eve Day. It was painful getting up at 6 in the morning knowing how late I was going to be staying up, but I trucked through it. Yea, I know, I am a total trooper.

After power napping on Ash’s couch and filling our bodies with all you can eat, create your own stir-fry, Adj, Ash and I made our way over to the Cubby Bear. Before I handed over the $300 in cash for the six tickets I asked the guy at the register if it was ok that we were buying now and coming back later. “Yes, yes” he assured me as he stamped mine and Ash’s hands in the lightest colored ink you have ever seen in your entire life. Then I asked what do we do about the other four people? Suddenly they were confused. What did we mean the other people weren’t here? We thought you were going right in… Yada Yada Yada… the guy taking the money assured me they would remember me later.

Walking out the door I started to panic. I just handed this guy all this cash and with no receipt I am going to end up spending New Years Eve broke and outside on the curb. I walked back in and explained how I was really nervous about all of this and can they please give me some sort of receipt showing that I had paid for the other four people. Get this… They don’t give receipts. Shit.

To make the beginning of a long story short, we ended up going back 2 more times with different combinations of people until everyone was stamped… and the people who work at the Cubby Bear have a surveillance picture of me printed out in back with the title “Neurotic Bitch” under it.

Now onto the drinking part of my night… since I’m sure you are waiting with baited breath to see how I made a fool out of myself. Well HA! I didn’t. We started the night with Champagne and mini liquor bottles at Ash’s. I popped my first bottle of champagne ever and the cork flew half way across the room. Then we headed downstairs to her neighbor’s apartment for another two bottles and lots of awkward doves, before we headed back (for the 4th time that night) to the Cubby Bear.

The band “Sixteen Candles” was playing and we squished our way out onto the dance floor. They were awesome. I mean it doesn’t take a whole lot to impress me but they were an EXCELLENT 80’s cover band. At around 11:30 Adj became determined to find Ash and I someone to kiss at midnight. She found this really nice guy who bought us lots of drinks, and made out with Ash at midnight. Her pick for me, well he turned out to be over forty and obsessed with telling me that he was 20 years older than me. Needless to say my New Years was rung in kiss free. Afterwards the band came back on and Adj and I met these nice guys who (after playing Jewish geography) turned out to be cousins with my old neighbor. I spent the rest of the night “dancing” with one of them. No it is not in quotes because we weren’t really dancing (get your head out of the gutter)… I just look like such a fool when I dance it can’t really be considered dancing.

After the bar closed we ended up at their apartment where they tried to impress us as much as they could by playing Guitar Hero. Adj passed out in a chair and around 4 in the morning it came that crucial crunch time when it came down to hooking up and spending the night or going home. We chose the latter… but one of them still asked for my number which is a good sign of the kind of person he might be. Fingers crossed.

To sum it up I would say this was one of the best New Year’s I have had in awhile. It makes me optimistic for the coming year. I’m ready for you 2008!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena